Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dichroic Glass Pendants



Made the glass part of these pendants in the kiln last night
Pegi

7 comments:

Chris Bovée said...

Those are really pretty. I like the simple tube finding on them too as I think it makes them hang nicely from the chain. They have a real elegance to them. What is "dichroic"?
Chris

Laura F said...

They are mesmerizing.

Rita said...

Hi Pegi, you have a wonderful talent. You must have lots of patience.
Your pendants are beautiful.

Rita.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Chris, Laura and Rita,
Chris, Dichroic is glass that has been coated with a thin layer of metallic oxide. Dichroic coatings transmit certain wavelengths of light while reflecting others, creating an interference effect similar to iridescence.
It is a spin off of the aerospace industry.
The 'tube' fidings are called barrel bails which I make myself from sterling silver sheet cut to size.
Rita, I get phases, I go for a long time without inspiration and then it all floods back, this time it was the sun shining on a piece of glass creating some gorgeous colours that inspired me.
It's the most relaxing thing to do though, I can lose myself for hours on end cutting glass and assembling pieces.
I used to sell them on Ebay and privately when dichroic glass was fairly new to the UK about 4 yrs ago.

Laura F said...

Pegi, Is that my pendant in this picture? How exciting!

Anonymous said...

Laura,
Yes it is your pendant, second from the right.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful Pegi. You have a wonderful talent. I believe that you could use that talent as a commercial venture.

Jim